Bay window curtain poles are our speciality.
Years of experience makes all the difference…
We’ve made hundreds (maybe thousands!) of superb quality wrought iron bay window curtain poles for both angled and curved (bow) bay windows. As a result we have a wealth of experience, technical expertise and resources to make these using measurements supplied by the customer.
Never bent to a drawing chalked on the workshop floor, these bay window curtain poles are properly designed and validated using AutoCAD. This way an exact fit is assured that runs level and parallel to the walls of the bay. The result is a quality, well engineered, beautiful bay window curtain pole. One that works as it should at the best possible price.
What to expect…
- The curtain pole should keep the same offset around the bay and the distance from the walls should not vary. Variations in offset can be especially apparent in badly made curved bay curtain poles.
- A bay window curtain pole should be flat without twisting out of plane between bends or along a curve.
- Passing rings should not catch on the brackets or jump off the curtain pole, a common complaint of poorly designed curtain poles.
- A bay window curtain pole should be properly supported and not sag at the corners . It should be stable and not twist when the curtains are moved along it.
- The bracket fixing plates should align properly.
- The curtain pole should fit perfectly without the subsequent need for various modified brackets to be despatched.
Strong, elegant 16mm diameter solid bar
The curtain poles are formed from solid iron bar and use a five bracket passing ring system which ensures proper support so that the pole does not sag at the corners. We use 16mm diameter bar for all our bay window poles. Whilst being strong enough for any size bay, it allows closer bends and results in a better, more elegant fit than can be achieved with larger diameters, especially for more complex bays. While larger diameters should be made from tubing due to increased weight, the refined look of the 16mm diameter poles is in constant demand so remains the mainstay.
If you need any advice we’re very happy to discuss. Either email us here or just give us a call on 01386 700299.
Measuring for your Bay window curtain pole…
Scroll down and click on the appropriate drawing to select your bay window shape and follow the instructions for the required measurements. There’s a calculator which will give you a very good idea of the cost too. Remember, these are just examples of the more common designs but we can make poles for just about any shape of bay with any number of bends. We can also make curtain poles for ceiling fix too . Let us know if you have any particular requirements and we can let you know what measurements to take.
Please note: These bay window poles have five brackets making them suitable for use with a single pair of curtains using passing rings. This design would not be suitable for a single pair of Tab-Top or Eyelet curtains as they could not cross the intermediate passing brackets.
Bay Window Shapes…
Select the shape of your Bay window below
Guaranteed to fit?
Of course! If you’ve provided accurate wall measurements and all relevant information, it’s no more than your entitlement that the pole fits properly.