How to measure for a one corner bay window pole…
Along the walls
Measure in millimetres from A to B =
Measure in millimetres from B to C =
Measure in millimetres from A to C =
Along the Return walls too?
We will assume returns are 90° unless you tell us otherwise.
If you’d like the pole to continue around the return walls please also measure:
Measure in millimetres from 1 to A =
Measure in millimetres from 2 to F =
- Take measurements along the walls where the pole is to fix and include the full length of each wall section (even for ceiling fix poles). We will work out the pole size to fit from these measurements.
- If necessary state the distance you’d like between the wall and the pole. The defaults are 45mm (16mm pole) and 50mm (25mm pole).
- If necessary state where you’d like the finial to end (the default is the mouth of the bay). The poles can have return bends too.
- Measure in millimetres as errors can accumulate and please don’t assume opposites are equal as they quite often aren’t.
- Use a metal tape measure, held taut for straight lengths (fabric or fibre-glass tape flat along curved walls).
- For your sake and ours you must take the time to provide careful and accurate measurements. We won’t make bay poles unless we are confident they will fit!
You’ll need someone to give you a hand especially for the diagonals but just measure the walls as we’ll calculate the allowances for brackets.
We can make a pole fit with remarkably little space for brackets but please let us know if there are any potential issues.
How much will it cost?
There’s a price calculator which will give you a good idea of the cost too.
How to Order?
Here’s a link to the ordering page.